Autoliv's primary goal is to Save More Lives. Our products never get a second chance. This is why we can never compromise on quality. We are working to increase vehicle safety by developing seatbelts, airbags and steering wheels and you can be part of our team as Segment Buyer Leather/ Artificial Leather.
As a Segment Buyer for the Steering Wheel product line, you'll play a key role in supporting our vision by ensuring that we have the best suppliers and components for our life-saving products. You'll work closely with the Product Area Purchasing Manager and Global Segment Leaders to define our segment strategy and implement it with a focus on customer responsibility, Autoliv standards, and roadmap products.
- Support our vision of saving more lives by ensuring we have the best suppliers and components for our life-saving products.
- Work closely with the Product Area Purchasing Manager and Global Segment Leaders to support defining our segment strategy.
- Implement the segment strategy with a focus on customer responsibility, Autoliv standards, and roadmap products.
- Manage our supply base including selecting, qualifying, developing, consolidating, and resourcing our suppliers.
- Ensure our suppliers have the capacity to meet our production needs.
- Negotiate pricing with our suppliers to get the best value for our company.
- Analyze costs for components and develop ideas to improve design and costs.
- Maintain relationships with our suppliers to ensure their performance meets our standards.
- Assist our project buyers in RFQs, negotiations, and contract closures in line with our raw material strategy.
- Completed economic and/or technical studies (Bachelor, Master, Diploma) or equivalent qualification with additional qualifications.
- Several years of professional experience in international technical purchasing for negotiations, contracts and raw material management.
- Ability to recognize technical connections, strong cost and quality orientation.
- Experience in automotive and project environment
- Excellent negotiation skills and proficiency in English
- Team player with strong assertiveness and negotiation skills
- Experience in leather/ artificial leather commodity preferred
- Willingness to travel extensively.
If you share our passion for saving lives and meet the requirements, we'd love to hear from you! Since your application will be reviewed by a European team, please submit your application in English. Together, we can save more lives.
More lives saved more life lived!