Autoliv's primary goal is to Save More Lives. We are the worldwide leader in automotive safety systems developing, manufacturing, and marketing protective systems, such as airbags, seatbelts, and steering wheels as well as mobility safety solutions, such as pedestrian protection, child booster seats, connected safety services and safety solutions for riders of powered two wheelers. We can never compromise on quality and integrity.
Autoliv employs close to 70,000 people globally. Our workforce reflects the diversity of the countries and cultures in which we operate. Each person has unique strengths. If one of your strengths is in the legal field and you have a passion for Data Privacy you can be part of our team as a Data Privacy Legal Counsel.
We're looking for a talented lawyer to join our team and help us improve our data privacy program. You would work in a dynamic team with colleagues based in different parts of the world, but with the same goal – to support and empower the people in Autoliv to make the right legal and ethical decisions as they go about their everyday business.
In this role, you would have the following responsibilities:
- Monitor the legal landscape globally and propose recommendations for changes related to data privacy regulations.
- Provide guidance to purchasing and sales teams with contract reviews to ensure compliance with data privacy laws and regulations.
- Review and evaluate data subject requests and respond appropriately in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Provide legal support and guidance throughout the implementation of our data privacy program.
- Be pragmatic in your approach to legal advice, taking into account the commercial realities of the business.
To be successful in this role, you should have a strong understanding of data privacy laws and regulations, as well as experience advising companies on privacy issues. You must be able to provide legal support and guidance throughout the implementation of our data privacy program. Being a skilled communicator who can explain complex legal concepts to non-lawyers in a clear and concise manner will help to further grow the support of the business organization.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- A Master's degree in Law.
- Minimum 5 years of experience, with at least 2 years of experience specifically related to data privacy.
- Corporate experience in a global environment.
- Fluent in English.
We value collaboration, innovation and exploring better ways to do things. We offer competitive compensation, great colleagues, and flexible working arrangements.
If you're ready to take your career to the next level and make an impact in the world of data privacy together with other team players in a company committed to creating a safer society, we want to hear from you!