As the worldwide leader in automotive safety, Autoliv sells to all major car manufacturers globally. Staying close to customers, Autoliv has a superior global presence and operations in 27 countries. Each year, our products save more than 30,000 lives and prevent ten times as many injuries.
Our more than 60,000 associates are passionate about our vision of Saving More Lives.
As the global leader, Autoliv develops, manufactures and markets protective systems, such as airbags, seatbelts, and steering wheels. Our primary focus is to save lives and reduce serious injuries if an accident were to occur.
Autoliv is looking for 1 « Global Design Leader, Driver Unit Mechatronic System » for Steering Wheel & Driver Airbag Product Lines, with homeroom located in France (Poitiers – 86 or Cergy – 95) but supporting worldwide technical, research and customer centers.
- Missions and main activities:
You will be in charge to develop our GPM design standards toolbox for new Driver Unit Mechatronic functions, parts and key components (mechanical & electronic) in order to accelerate our speed to market and competitiveness.
Your main activities will be:
- Coordinate GPM handover from new mechatronic product release according to our innovation and pre-development process by making sure that all deliverables are available and validated (when applicable).
- Define product design standards for engineering teams from quotation phase to production launch and maintain those standards.
- Integrate Divisional needs into global design solutions and represent design team into the cross-functional GPM team.
- Integrate design solutions to meet customer requirement, system & functional requirement and internal stakeholder’s expectations profitability, and robustness.
- Approve/validate new components/designs/materials/suppliers based on 1P1P guidelines, system requirement following Autoliv Standards.
- Analyze application team deviation requests and propose action plans.
- Formalize lessons learned and best practices from plants, lead for their application in projects and update standards.
- Coordinate remotely engineering team made of representative from each divisional technical center.
- Support plants, process, quality, and purchase teams in global initiatives for improving costs and quality of electrical components.
- Report to steering committee, and highlight progress, road stops, deviation and propose appropriated recovery actions.
Level (diploma) required: Mechatronic engineer.
Good seniority, with 5-7 years of work experience in managing development teams and complex mechatronic systems (V Model) in the automobile industry, at technical level. Proven experience in a tier 1 and in innovative and new product launch will be highly appreciated.
Technical skills required:
Mastery of embedded system development for the automobile industry
Mastery of system engineering
Good knowledge of mechanical design and hardware electronics
Knowledge of software electronics
Skills in relationship and management / leadership required:
Autonomous / Multidisciplinary / Ability and diplomacy to work in team, locally or offshore
Efficiency to cope with problems / Ability to keep a deadline
Fluent in English and French
Additional skills: Willingness of travel (international business trips)