Compliance Specialist/Coordinator Europe
In Autoliv compliance and corporate integrity is not just about following rules.
This role is part of an independent function responsible for Compliance & Corporate Integrity for Autoliv globally. You will be part of a small but diverse team with colleagues based in various parts of the world, driven by the same goal – to empower the people of Autoliv to make the right legal and ethical decisions as they go about their everyday business with integrity.
Title: Compliance Specialist
Department: Compliance & Corporate Integrity
Autoliv’s Compliance and Corporate Integrity Team (CCI) is a global function responsible for managing and monitoring Autoliv’s Compliance Program.
The Compliance program framework is built on the models described as “effective compliance program” based on guidance from the US Dept of Justice and other global standards.
Autoliv has the ambition of having a Compliance Program representing best practice, with an elevated level of engagement from management on all levels and with a focus on both legal compliance as well as corporate integrity.
As a team, we regularly work with developing, implementing and maintaining the compliance program in respect of corporate legal and integrity risks. The function’s objective is to develop the Compliance program to represent best practice with a solid and aligned tone from the top and management at all levels in the company and where corporate integrity is truly an integral part of our Autoliv culture.
The program includes policies, procedures, and activities designed to help prevent, detect, and respond to violations of laws and regulations. It covers several risk areas such as corrupt business practices, anti-competitive behavior, conflicts of interest, respect in the workplace, data privacy as well as other Code of Conduct-related matters.
The CCI function is also responsible for receiving and handling so-called Speak Up reports (also known as whistleblower or Helpline reports) and conducting and managing compliance investigations.
The Compliance Specialist role in Europe is an important role related to the Autoliv Compliance program and for the CCI function to deliver the appropriate services and support to the European division. The focus of the role is related to supporting the division, but the person in this role will also have the opportunity to be part of global projects together with the other members of the CCI team.
In the European Division, there is currently one Compliance Officer (based in Romania) supporting the European Division and its management; this new role will collaborate closely with the AEU Compliance Officer but also with the Global VP of the CCI function as well as the other members of the team. This role will report to the VP CCI located at the Head Office of Autoliv in Stockholm.
The overall responsibility of this role is to support and coordinate the implementation of the Compliance Program, including compliance training, communication, certifications, and other areas of operation of the Compliance Program for Autoliv in the European division.
The following areas and tasks are examples of deliverables that could be expected of the AEU Compliance Specialist/Coordinator role:
Training, certifications, and communication:
- Plan, coordinate, and follow-up compliance training (e-learning and face-to-face) in the Division
- Maintain the compliance training database as regards users and enrollments in close collaboration with the HR department
- Manage and coordinate with appropriate stakeholders to run the annual Code of Conduct Certification and Conflicts of Interest disclosure process in the division
- Manage and coordinate the communication related to trainings and certifications (e.g., regular announcements when new training is launched, announcements about the annual certification campaigns, etc.)
Compliance risk management:
- Take part in conducting Compliance Risks Assessments in the European Division (including external and internal trend analysis using various sources of data, reviewing legal and regulatory developments in the region for compliance-related issues, conducting interviews, and preparing the presentation of the assessment outcome together with the AEU Compliance Officer)
- Support, and in some cases manage, activities related to identified risks and findings linked to risk assessments and/or investigations and collaborate with management/stakeholders to ensure corrective actions are implemented effectively
- Support the Division in ensuring third-party risks are managed appropriately, e.g., support in assessing and screening new suppliers and other business partners in high-risk areas
Speak-up and investigations:
- Support the rollout of the Autoliv Speak-up standard and the EU Whistleblowing directive in the European countries in close collaboration with the AEU Compliance Officer
- Ensure that all employees in the European Division have full and easy access to updated Speak-up awareness materials, Code of Conduct, and other important information
- Assist in Compliance Investigations in the AEU Division and related follow-up activities connected to investigation outcomes
Monitoring and reporting:
- Support in monitoring the effectiveness of the Compliance Program by monitoring and analyzing the performance of the Compliance Program related activities in the Division continuously, including following up on remediation plans and auditing systems and processes designed for the early detection and prevention of fraud and other illegal conduct ensuring that compliance operating procedures and controls are working as intended
- Support reporting on training performance and speak-up-related issues, including collecting speak-up information coming from local entities in the division
Personal characteristics and competencies enabling success
We are looking for someone curious, who would enjoy being part of a motivated team, and has a “can-do” attitude. You should have strong analytical skills, be a good and candid communicator, and be comfortable delivering high-quality work in a dynamic and sometimes stressful environment. You must be organized and structured enough to independently manage multiple projects and stakeholders. Integrity is of course an absolute must!
Based on the Autoliv Key Behaviors framework, the most critical competencies for this role would be:
- Take ownership – drive tasks to successful completion and closure, always with respect for other people
- Be Curious – seek best practices and innovative ways to improve and ask questions to understand others
- Add value – make sure value is delivered and care for the result
- Collaborate - demonstrate collaboration by seeking and giving support and honest feedback
- Make it easy - clarifying expectations, share purpose and context, and always think ahead to prevent issues
Other critical competencies for this role:
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Proficient communication skills
- Effective problem-solving
- Strong people skills – i.e., an approachable person and “candid colleague” maintaining the integrity of the function and strong support to the business stakeholders
- Strong ability to work in a multicultural environment
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
Education: University Degree required – Law, Communication, HR, Business/Finance, or other relevant education
Languages: Excellent English required, and other language skills highly valued