Autoliv the global leader in automotive safety established a cross functional team “Supply Chain Development” in charge of Direct Material strategy and execution, Raw Material, VEVA, Global Logistic, as well Supply chain innovation. With our target to become 0 emissions by 2040 we are now adding a Global Raw Material Area Director position to this team.
Focus areas for the team
- Establish and execute direct material segment strategy leading to better and more sustainable performance
- Manage raw material strategy including innovation, risk, trends, forecast, complexity reduction, sustainability
- Put in place sustainable processes, organization, resource, reporting, to bring VEVA to 2% of sales
- Build and lead the supply chain of the future road map aiming at a more connected, proactive, shorter cycle End to End supply chain
- Dynamically manage Inventory Turn Over to both better serve the customer and improve working capital
- Set up the global raw material strategy for materials
- Oversee market trends related to raw material
- Ensure global availability of materials in line with regulations standards
- Execute and input to the segment strategy defined by global SCM teams on raw material
- Owner of central material information coming from AGPS, OBIEE, Snowflake, industrial indexations into one market intelligence tool
Roles and Responsibilities
- Segment Leader for the assigned Global Raw Material Segments
- Global Raw Material Segment strategy definition
- Secure Global Segment strategy execution during sourcing process
- Interactions and alignment with other GPAD/S to integrate all RM requirements under the Global Segment Strategy
- Interaction with Autoliv Raw Material (ARM) organization to build segment strategy
- Build up relationships with preferred raw material suppliers including LTA jointly with ARM and the divisional P DMs.
- Via GPAD’s support Global Product Line Strategic actions (GPM Raw Materials, etc.) including division specifics needs
- Support ARM on innovation in Raw Materials
- Support ARM on VEVA for Raw Material including Supplier Technology Day
- Support long term raw material strategic supplier partnership
The role is reporting to VP SCD
- Standard BOM cost improvement
- Strategic plan follow-up (G/Y/R)
- Completed university degree in Master of Science or related field.
- A minimum of 8 years of work experience in management consulting, automotive or metals industry.
- Self-motivated to drive projects with focus on strategy, innovation and cost.
- Very good skills in MS Office products, especially in Excel, and practical knowledge in an ERP-system
- Fluent in English
- Positive attitude and proactive approach, ability to work under pressure
- Willingness to travel