Global Raw Material Expert Sustainability Steel
Autoliv the global leader in automotive safety established a cross functional raw material management team embedded into Engineering and Supply Chain Management. The team is not only the technical decision authority for all raw material related activities in line with internal & external standards and regulations but also a key driver when it comes to VEVA cost reduction, material innovation, overseen trends, approving raw material suppliers, and driving scope 3 sustainability along other commercial and strategic initiatives. With our target to become 0 emissions by 2040 we are now adding this newly created position to the team.
We are looking for a:
- Visionary mindset willing to explore future low carbon materials but also to develop new sources with a low carbon footprint, especially in best cost countries jointly with commercial teams.
Self-driven and motivated expert that is used to work in a cross functional multinational environment with technical expertise in steel and sustainabilityResponsibilities:
- Establish a sustainability roadmap for steel closely with Autoliv’s preferred steel mills.
- Monitor technological development on steel when it comes to carbon reduction and low carbon offerings.
- Support supplier development with SQ, especially with BCC focus on raw materials (steel, non-ferrous)
- Support together with the global raw material management team the execution of a segment strategy for steel when it comes to sustainability.
- Collaborate closely with the divisional buyers for steel
- Be part of the global raw material management team for steel
- Support to establish long term frame contracts and raw material agreements with selected suppliers to ensure access to low carbon materials.
- Lead feasibility studies with selected raw material suppliers jointly with the divisional buyers.
- Gain / share market und raw material (supplier) insights.
- Oversees the global supply base for raw materials for sustainability actions
- Ensure a raw material pool for strategic materials with Autoliv supply base
- Understanding and expertise in lifecycle assessment combine with material knowledge.
Qualifications and Education Required:
- Technical MA degree preferred
- At least 7-10 years work experience in engineering and / or quality
- Technical knowhow needed on steel & sustainability
- Ability to work in a cross functional team
- Good communication to internal & external stakeholders
- Able to develop new raw material suppliers.
- Passioned to drive sustainability helping Autoliv to become carbon neutral for steel quick